Instructions for TCD Taught Postgraduate Studies Application
(N.B. Read these instructions carefully before proceeding with your application)
- You should familiarise yourself with the entry requirements for each programme to which you apply, as detailed in the current TCD prospectus. In particular, you should note the commencement date for each programme and the submission dates for receipt of completed applications.
- SUPPLEMENTARY FORMS: Please note that there are additional supplementary forms to be downloaded and completed for certain taught postgraduate programmes. The Supplementary Forms are a vital part of the application procedure for these programmes and applications to these programmes cannot be considered, if the required supplementary forms are not completed and submitted by post to the Postgraduate Applications Centre with your Postgraduate Application Number. If applicable to the programme(s) you are applying for, Supplementary forms will be highlighted (with the Course Code) for downloading after the payment stage of the application in the N.B Read Important Instructions Box. Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 8 or above must be installed on your computer, in order to be able to access and read some of our PDF downloadable forms.
- After you have entered your application details, you will be expected to pay a non-refundable application fee payment of €50. This payment may be made by Credit Card (MasterCard/Visa) or Debit Card (Laser). It is also possible to pay by Bank Transfer though payments by these methods are subject to an additional administration charge of €5. Should an applicant wish to make an additional application of a different type (i.e. taught or research), the applicant will get this additional application fee free of charge.
- Each applicant may only make one application, mentioning up to five programme choices.
- You must have an active e-mail account in order to use this facility. It is your responsibility to check your account regularly and ensure it is active and in working order. Applicants using webmail e-mail addresses, please note if you have the high junk mail filtering option in your e-mail account, e-mails from the Postgraduate Applications Centre, Galway and Trinity College, Dublin may be flagged as Junk. You will need to either reduce the Junk mail filter or else add the Postgraduate Applications Centre, Galway (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Trinity College Dublin (@tcd.ie) e-mail addresses as two of your safe senders.
- All communications regarding the status of your application will be sent to you via e-mail. It is your responsibility to ensure that you check your e-mail account regularly for such correspondence.
- The Postgraduate Applications Centre is not responsible for the assessment of your application. The assessment of your application takes place at Trinity College, Dublin.
- All relevant supporting paper documentation (non-TCD results, parchments/certificates, references and supplementary statement forms if applicable) you are required to provide as part of your application must be posted to PAC in one single packet. Please submit all documentation on A4 (or equivalent) size paper. Transcripts and copies of degree certificates are not required for qualifications awarded by Trinity College, Dublin. Original documentation submitted cannot be returned. Please only submit copies of non-TCD qualifications at application stage and note that originals will be checked and verified at point of acceptance to course of study. All documentation must be posted to the Postgraduate Applications Centre, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway, Ireland. This information must arrive by the submission date for the programme to which you are applying (or by the earliest submission date if you are applying for multiple programmes). The closing dates for receipt of applications
for each programme are indicated in the online TCD prospectus. Your application can be assessed only when this information is received.
- All applicants MUST note their Postgraduate Studies 8 digit application number which will be given to you at the final stage of the application procedure. You will need your Postgraduate Application Number to log into your Account on the PAC website to obtain updates on the status of your application. All supplementary documentation forwarded to the Postgraduate Applications Centre MUST be marked with your Postgraduate Application Number.
- All applicants are advised to consult the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section before making an application.
- Students experiencing technical difficulties in making an application should contact PAC.