Instructions for Applications to Higher Diploma in Midwifery
(N.B. Read these instructions carefully before proceeding with your application)
Please note the following regarding closing dates :
- Closing Date for receipt of Completed Application Form is no later than 5pm Friday 24th May 2013 AND
- Closing Date for receipt of supporting documentation is no later than 5pm, Friday 24th May 2013
- You should familiarise yourself with the entry requirements for the programme, as detailed in the current HSE literature. In particular, the submission dates for receipt of completed applications and supporting documents.
- Please note that there will be additional documents required by the HSE at interview stage for candidates who are invited for interview.
- Instructions for APPLICATION to Higher Diploma in Midwifery THROUGH PAC:
- Create PAC Login Account (first time users only) – Applicants who are first time users need to create an account before making an application. Go to the login section located on the top of the page and click on the register link. Enter your email address, password and contact details and click submit.
- It is strongly recommended that you save the application form regularly.
- It is strongly recommended that you create any personal statements or competency based answers in a text file for your own records and paste them into the application form.
- After you have entered your application details, you will be expected to pay a non-refundable application fee payment of €50. This payment may be made by Credit Card (MasterCard/Visa) or Debit Card (Laser). It is also possible to pay by Bank Draft or by Bank Transfer though payments by these methods are subject to an additional administration charge of €5. Your application will only be considered if you have paid your application fee by the 24th May 2013.
- This application is for Higher Diploma in Midwifery Sponsorship only. Each applicant may only make one application, mentioning up to four Higher Education Institution (HEI) choices/ Maternity Sites. Applicants have the option of choosing up to four locations within this application (which must be ranked in order of preference 1-4).
- N.B. If you want to apply for another postgraduate programme within PAC, you must apply via PAC to the HEI of your choice. This will necessitate another separate application fee.
- You must have an active e-mail account in order to use this facility. It is your responsibility to check your account regularly and ensure it is active and in working order. Applicants using webmail e-mail addresses, please note if you have the high junk mail filtering option in your e-mail account, e-mails from the Postgraduate Applications Centre, Galway, the HSE and the HEIs may be flagged as Junk. You will need to either reduce the Junk mail filter or else add the email domains of the Postgraduate Applications Centre, , Galway (pac.ie) the HSE (hse.ie), UCC (ucc.ie), NUI Galway (nuigalway.ie), UL (ul.ie) and DKIT (dkit.ie) to your safe senders lists.
- All communications regarding the status of your application will be sent to you via e-mail.It is your responsibility to ensure that you check your e-mail account regularly for such correspondence.
- The Postgraduate Applications Centre is not responsible for the assessment of your application. The assessment of your application is carried out by the HSE
- All applicants MUST note their Postgraduate Studies 8 digit application number which will be given to you at the final stage of the application procedure. All supplementary documentation forwarded to the HSE MUST be marked with your Postgraduate Application Number.
- Checking your application status Once an online application has been completed, applicants should check their application status regularly for updates and final selection decisions as follows:-
- Go to PAC website: http://www.pac.ie, then go to the Login section located on the top of the page:
- Enter username (email address) and password
- Click on button on the top of the page
- Click on My Account
- Applicants' existing applications will be displayed on screen. Click on the Status link to view your current application status and final application decisions
- To Logout, click on the Logout option on the top of the page.
- Students experiencing technical difficulties in making an application should contact PAC.