Instructions for GMIT Taught Postgraduate Studies Application
(N.B. Read these instructions carefully before proceeding with your application)
- You should familiarise yourself with the entry requirements for each programme to which you apply, as detailed in the current GMIT prospectus. In particular, you should note the commencement date for each programme and the submission dates for receipt of completed applications.
- After you have entered your application details, you will be expected to pay a non-refundable application fee payment of €50. This payment may be made by Credit Card (MasterCard/Visa) or Debit Card (Laser). Please note non-Irish visa debit cards are not accepted. It is also possible to pay by Bank Transfer though payments by these methods are subject to an additional administration charge of €5.
- Each applicant may only make one application, mentioning up to four programme choices.
- You must have an active e-mail account in order to use this facility. It is your responsibility to check your account regularly and ensure it is active and in working order. Applicants using webmail e-mail addresses, please note if you have the high junk mail filtering option in your e-mail account, e-mails from the Postgraduate Applications Centre, Galway and Galway Mayo Institute of Technology may be flagged as Junk. You will need to either reduce the Junk mail filter or else add the Postgraduate Applications Centre, Galway (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Galway Mayo Institute of Technology (email@example.com) e-mail addresses as two of your safe senders.
- All communications regarding the status of your application will be sent to you via e-mail. It is your responsibility to ensure that you check your e-mail account regularly for such correspondence.
- The Postgraduate Applications Centre is not responsible for the assessment of your application. The assessment of your application takes place at Galway Mayo Institute of Technology.
- All relevant supporting documentation (results, parchments/certificates and supplementary statement forms if applicable) you are required to provide as part of your application must be either uploaded via the "My Account" link or posted to PAC. Please submit all documentation on A4 (or equivalent) size paper. Original documentation submitted cannot be returned, only copies qualification evidence documentation are required at application stage for the Postgraduate Applications Centre. All documentation must be either uploaded via the "My Account" link or posted to the Postgraduate Applications Centre, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway, Ireland. This information must arrive by the submission date for the programme to which you are applying (or by the earliest submission date if you are applying for multiple programmes). The closing dates for receipt of applications
for each programme are indicated in the online GMIT prospectus. Your application can be assessed only when this information is received.
- Supporting documentation or information that cannot be submitted at the time of application (e.g. future exam sittings, English language exams) may be submitted at a later stage by uploading via the "My Account" link or by posting to the Postgraduate Applications Centre (PAC).
- All applicants MUST note their Postgraduate Studies 8 digit application number which will be given to you at the final stage of the application procedure. You will need your Postgraduate Application Number to log into your Account on the PAC website to obtain updates on the status of your application. All supplementary documentation forwarded to the Postgraduate Applications Centre MUST be marked with your Postgraduate Application Number.
When used the website will place a cookie on your machine which allows you to be automatically logged in the next time you visit.
If you are using a public computer it is not advisable to use this feature.
- Students experiencing technical difficulties in making an application should contact PAC.
- It is strongly recommended that you save the application form regularly.